Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Yellow & Orange Challenge!

Happy May Day Everyone! 

Today I wanted to share the new challenge on the Lost Coast Designs & Carmen's Veranda - Yellow and Orange!  Yes, you must use yellow and orange somewhere on your creation and do I have a card for you....


a Weinermobile!!!!

I absolutely love this image...it brought back so many memories. My family and I actually got to see a real Weinermobile when we visited The Henry Ford Museum when the boys were young.  I even got a Weinee Whistle (and I still have it).  

So on to the card... I started off by trimming a cover from a vintage atlas down to size. It was spitzed with water and then sprinkled with yellow Nuance pigment powder. After it had dried I rubbed a bit of orange and yellow VFC ink through a circle stencil.  I then smeared a bit of Radiant Neon Amplify! through a second stencil as well. I removed the stencil and heated the Amplify! to puff it up. This panel was affixed to a white card base and I added a few hand drawn lines around the outer edge.

I stamped the Weinermobile twice on white cardstock.  The first was sprinkled with orange Nuance and the second I watercolored the car with yellow Nuance.  Once they were both dry I trimmed the  orange weiner and added it to the yellow car body.  It was then affixed to the card using double stick foam tape.

I die-cut the sentiment and added a few sequins to finish it off.

Now it's your turn!!

No automatic alt text available.

Be sure to check out the other cool Yellow and Orange creations
and 
enter your own piece to win fun stamps from 
Lost Coast Designs & Carmen's Veranda!!

I would also like to enter this into the Verve Challenge - YELLOW!!



as well as Country View Challenge - Be Humorous.

Country View Challenges

Supplies:
Imagine - VersaFine Clair Nocturne, Radiant Neon Amplify! - Neon Yellow
Nuance Pigment Powders
Die-Cut, Vintage Map Page, Sequins, Cardstock

4 comments:

  1. Wild!! That weinermobile is fun and I love the old map background. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card dear. I love the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile! I have my whistle I got when I was a little girl. A few years ago I stopped in Palm Springs to see it parked at a Viintage Motel. I tried to get it to come to our car show but we weren’t a big enough draw. Great Memories...<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a fun card! Such cool texture on your background, too! So glad you could join us for our Diva Inspirations challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun...super image. Thanks so much for joining in with our May humour challenge over at Country View Challenges xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!